Below is a timeline of the development of ERA to date, along with future planned activities:
– October 2008: The Swiss colleague, Georges-André Roserens, proposed a sort of European Association of radon at the ROOMS meeting in Meran (Italy)
– May 2011: Further conversations discussing the need of creating a radon association at the European level took place during the I Intercomparison exercise of natural radiation under field conditions carried out in Ciudad Rodrigo (Spain)
– January 2013: EARST strategic meeting in Brussels. The former name of ERA was EARST and this meeting dealt with the need of having statutes, selection of EARST board and the first 1st EARST conference.
– April 2013: Meeting in Paris during the celebration of the radon conference. Some amendments were discussed for both, statutes and code of ethics.
– May 2013: 1sr EARST General Assembly and workshop. The city of Bouillon held the first official events of the association: general assembly and workshop. The workshop’s content was the International and national radon regulations and strategies during the morning session. The afternoon session include two working groups: Harmonisation criteria from the new EU-BSS and Information and Training of radon technologists. The EARST general assembly selected the first Executive Committee of the association. It also changed the association’s name to ERA (European Radon Association)
– September 2013 and January 2014: The first Executive Committee meetings happened: September in Prague and January in Brussels.
– September 2014: I ERA assembly and workshop (Prague, 15th September)
– May 2015: II ERA assembly and workshop (Krakow, 29th May)
– May 2016: III ERA assembly and workshop (Ciudad Rodrigo, 28th – 29th April)
– May 2017: IV ERA assembly and workshop (Sofia, 17th May)